Course applicants as a prerequisite must have completed 100 hours of flight time as a pilot of helicopters.
Additionally, all applicants will need to have completed the following:
- 60 hours as Pilot in Command.
- 20 hours of cross-country flight.
The Night Qualification Course, which must be completed within 6 months, includes:
- 5 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction
- 10 hours of dual helicopter instrument instruction (in addition to any instrument instruction completed prior to the course).
- 5 hours of helicopter night training, including 3 hours of dual instruction and 5 solo night circuits. Each circuit shall include a take-off and a landing.